Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

2007 had been quite an eventful year.


Had a super looong post-NS pre-uni break, started my wedding photography business, taught at a primary school, traveled to Yunnan and Japan, got a scholarship, entered uni, made many new friends, enjoyed hall life, scored reasonably well… n of course I finally started a blog!

I is satisfied lah!! :)

On the bad side, hmm, nothing very much actually. Maybe more white hair, relatively sickly n had my wisdom teeth plucked! :/

n I really miss the kids from Yunnan!!! Albeit poor, but very warm genuine people.


this is random, im gg to share the pics!!


this girl KEEPPP begging me for money. note, there is still a grain of rice on her left chin. and her face look so weathered. :(


this girl sells nuts at exorbitant prices. I have to pay her for this pic to be taken! haha..



these kids are from Shangri-la. Its soo beautiful... mountains, lakes, lush greeneries, wild horses galloping across, buffaloes grazing right before u.. its a paradise la! I gave the boy on the right some money and Suddenly allll his frens ran from dunno which mountain to ask for money too! damn efficient!

Of cuz i gave la.. like erm, singapore 10 cents la, cuz i no small change!! but they are still very contented and agreed to pose pictures for me. :) the guy in red is blowing a flower (la ba hua) and it actually produces music! He was very keen in teaching me and raaannn all the way back to the mountain to pluck some more flowers for me to practice blowing. haha.. but i blow blow blow no sound one, make my lips dirty only. cheh!

These pics mean alot to me actually. Seeing them makes me smile! I guess being able to talk to them, make them happy for a while and spending that short 15 minutes or so playing with these tribal kids is one of my most memorable and heart-warming moments in 2007.





she plucked some wild flowers as a farewell gift for me too. :) very sweet lah. haiz. but her hands very dirty! eee!


this city girl begger refused to have her pic taken! lol. actually, i feel sad for them not because they have to beg at such a young age; they shouldnt even be learning how to beg at all! They've got hands and feet, give them some proper education lah!!!!


Now, the rich kids.... my fav class :)


P1 kids!! Now i noe why we were always told to sit on the floor. Its soo much easier to control them! these kids have ridiculously short attention span man.


a girl was supposed to be sitting in the middle but she was too camera shy.. she hid under the table. serious.
monkeys.


aarrggg i miss teaching them!! i want to laugh whenever they ask permission to drink water and go toilet, or they would come up to my desk, whisper in my ear to complain how naughty their classmates are. I used to do that too!! I nv laugh out loud lah, I jus um chio um chio. Very gang kor. And i dun even need to check the clock for time during the last period cuz everyone would pack their bags 5 minutes before bell rings. :)

I want to have my own kids too... Now!!!!


***

Many friends have been complaining how insensitive n tactless I can be when I joke (too much), and I am always too serious and hardcore when I work! Okay okay..! I shall be less unkind and more relac one korner okieeee… I will learn to balance work and life, and be less stubborn and self-centered.

:) good boy.


Resolutions! Resolutions! Everyones talking abt it!

  1. take better care of my health (more sleep!!)
  2. spend more time with my family
  3. do more of my own stuff, rather than jus sch work
  4. more clients!
  5. eat more, n exerciseeeeee
  6. stay happy n positive
  7. start a $$ plan
  8. learn something… new! (haven quite decide what thing yet la)
  9. IF my dark rings lighten up, I may consider contact lens! Wahahahaha…


Hope I will adhere to them lah. Here’s wishing all my friends a tremendous year ahead! :D

School’s starting next week. N I just can’t wait! I miss Bridget n Ina! I miss drawing boobs and dicks! I miss taking distorted pictures using Cas’ macbook during lectures n tutorials! I miss dozing off during Kal’s lesson! I miss Lick Gatsby! I miss dinnering with Chipmunks! I miss Can2 waffle! I miss Maureen and Wanzhen’s screamings every night!

No, I dun miss the cats. One more time they try to creep into my room and hide under my bed… I will pour hot milo over them, whack their eyeballs with my broom and wear my sharpest shoes and kick them off to the opposite block. I dun even want any direct contact with them man!

Filthy creatures.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yongyi !!
your fellw chipmunk here ! (wanxin) hahahs yeah i miss having dinner with the chipmunks too ! just want to let you know that you take FANTASTIC PIGTURES OMGGGGG.
some of them are priceless really. jiayou mans !! =D !

Yong Yi said...

Yo Wanxin!! Thanks for e flattering. hahaha.. quickly quickly give birth and get married n let me take pics for u k!
See u soon!! :P